- Films must be a minimum of 30 seconds and no longer than 3 minutes in total length, including titles and credits.
- Students producing the film must be enrolled and attending Franklin Magnet School.
- Adults can be involved in the making of the student film, however, the students must be the source of the creative idea and need to participate in the making of the film.
- Students are encouraged to form teams. Members can be in front, or behind the camera.
- Films can be in any language. English subtitles are required so all audience members can follow along.
- All entries will be screened by the festival organizers. All decisions regarding the selections for the Festival, and their subsequent display, shall be at the discretion of the festival organizers.
- Films can cover any topic or genre and can be fictional or non-fictional.
- Blood, gore, cursing, weapons and other forms of explicit content are strictly prohibited. The films must be rated G (general audiences) and be appropriate for all ages. No horror films please!
- All entries must be turned in to the festival organizers by the deadline.
- A Film Submission Form from each student must accompany all entries submitted to the Festival.
Be sure to fill out a submission form and include it with your entry.
Download Submission Form
File should be a QuickTime or AVI file.
Here are some suggested codecs, in order of preference:
- Apple ProRes 422 HQ
- Avid DNxHD (highest bitrate available)
- H.264/MP4 (with an extremely high "broadcast" bit rate - above 200Mbps)
The resolution should match the source. For example, if you shot 1920x1080 then please deliver 1920x1080.
You may upload your file to a file sharing site (i.e. DropBox) and send us a link so we can download it. You may also copy the file to a USB thumb drive, a USB hard drive or DATA DVD (not a playable video DVD!) and leave it at the front office at Franklin Magnet School. Be sure to put it in an envelope with a copy of your submission form. We will return your drive to the front office and email you to let you know when to pick it up.
What we can not accept:
We can not accept anything on videotape (ask your parents what that is). Also, do not burn a video DVD or Blu-Ray disk.
If this is all mumbo-jumbo to you, please contact us at email@example.com.